Here is the third part of the “Living Beyond Miracles” audio. In this part, Deepak Chopra continues his speech on the true nature of human existence and life itself. I have included my notes on the first half of the audio. The second half of the audio is a fun conversation between Wayne Dyer and Deepak Chopra which is also very enlightening and uplifting!
Here are the notes:
- “The same stream of life that runs through my veins night and day runs through the world and dances in rhythmic measures. It is the same life that shoots in joy through the dust of the earth in numberless blades of grass and breaks into tumultuous waves of leaves and flowers. It is the same life that is rocked in the ocean-cradle of birth and of death, in ebb and in flow. I feel my limbs are made glorious by the touch of this world of life. And my pride is from the life-throb of ages dancing in my blood this moment.” -Rabindranath Tagore
- As is the atom so is the universe. The atom is a small reflection, a part of the whole! Just as we are of the energy that some call “god.” Each atom is itself a small universe, each human is a manifestation of god.
- It is all self-interaction. God hiding herself to find herself. Problems with others may reflect things within ourselves that we dislike.
- Both anxiety and hope are born in the imagination. Why would you need hope if you did not have anxiety? If am grounded in the present I do not need either.
- Dr Wilder Penfield, a well known neurosurgeon, performed an experiment on a patient in which he stimulated a part of the patient’s brain. The patient’s arm moved up. The doctor then asked him, what is happening? The patient said, “my arm is moving up.” The doctor proceeded to ask, “are YOU moving your arm up?” to which the patient replied, “no.” So we can see the parts of the brain that control the movement of any given limb but who decided this? We can see the control centre but not the operator!
Enjoy the audio!