Today I conclude the “Living Beyond Miracles” saga with the fourth part, and my personal favourite.
This section is a continued dialogue between Deepak Chopra and Wayne Dyer charged with spiritual banter. I love it! Since it is a bit all-over-the-place (as most conversations are), I will give you my notes, and at the end write a bit about one of my favourite parts. Here goes:
- What you first have to do is fall in love with what you do, the rest will follow.
- When you squeeze an orange, orange juice comes out. What happens when someone squeezes you? What comes out of you when you are put under pressure? That said…
- It’s ok to feel angry, but realise it’s part of the spectrum. Anger, happiness, gratefulness are all part of existence. There is no good and bad, evil and good, there is only pleasant and unpleasant. And both exist, both are part of the experience of life.
- To be grounded in the physical body and sensuality is to be grounded in the presence of god. The physical body is a product of consciousness.
- It is a thinking universe, we have thinking bodies, this is what god is. God is everywhere.
- Thinking is a non-local phenomenon. Every thought is omni-potent, omniscient. The instant you have a thought, such as “I am thirsty,” your body, all your organs begin to produce ADH, a hormone which conserves water.
- If you intend it, and you have a deep level of awareness, your body can actually produce all of these anti-anxiety, anti-depressant drugs in a sense. Your body is already equipped with everything it needs to fight off any illness. Just feeling JOY produces interleukins and interferons which are powerful anti-cancer drugs.
- Treat every situation you encounter as a mirror. Treat the universe as a mirror. Every situation in the universe is a reflection of you interacting with yourself (we are all one). If this is not a pleasant experience, then what can I change about what I am doing? The universe is a reflection of yourself, your beliefs, and your perceptions.
- Desire is pure potentiality seeking manifestation. Without desire there is no manifestation.
- In our modern society we tend to believe that the harder we work, the better it will be. This principle does not exist in nature. Nature simply is. Nature manifests. We are not human doings, we are human BEINGS.
- Be conscious of your thoughts, you will manifest what you think.
The following is a true story told by Deepak Chopra about the spiritual teacher of the maharishi.
This man spent 40 years in silence in a forest in India. Someone was sent into this forest to retrieve him for an honour that would be bestowed upon him and they saw him as tigers passed by him, poisonous snakes would rest themselves upon him, all manner of dangerous animals. The person sent to him told the spiritual teacher: “but you have all kinds of dangerous and poisonous animals around you!” to which the teacher replied, “dangerous? All I can see is god.”
So, the moral here is that when you firmly root yourself in non-violence, the whole of creation ceases to be hostile. If we as a species can get to that place of co-existence, of the ONE, of you and me being manifestations of the same one, of never dividing ourselves into us against them, just imagine what is possible!!!
Enjoy the audio!